Sunday 25 April 2010

February half term

Monday, 15 February 2010

Ran two 2.5 hour workshops today in plaster techniques. It's surprisingly exhausting and kept me on the go from 8:00 a.m. straight through until 6:00 this evening. Barely realised I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since 8:00 a.m. until I finally stopped. Well worth doing though.

For me, often time spent 'creating' in the studio is much less intensive ...or at least intensive in a very different way. It's much less absolute, so there is something refreshing about having a task that has a start and a finish. The creative process never really has that for me; it's an on going cycle of possibilities and tangents.

I've been meaning to scan some scraps of papers that document what I'd love to be doing as soon as I have time to get back into creating. I'm glad to have lots of ideas on the go and waiting to happen, I'm hoping it will make it easier to get back in the swing of making.

Tomorrow I'll be sorting out work and practicalities for upcoming exhibition with Tra'La in London. Then, on Wednesday, I have the daunting task of navigating the streets of London in my old volvo in order to transport my fragile boxes and possibly a step ladder!

No comments:

Post a Comment