Sunday 25 April 2010

Dead Time and Negative Space

Tuesday, 22nd February 2010


A few photos to update you on Dead Time and Negative Space exhibition at Goodenough College, London.







For more photos see:

http://fionahughes.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8277076


http://tralapresents.blogspot.com/


The work in situ for the private view and the following day. For more photos see Photo Album.

On the whole, I really enjoyed the experience. Lots of problem solving, particularly regarding how to suspend the boxes (as we were unable to stick anything to the ceiling in the venue), but one helpful health and safety man and a handful of problem solving artists determined to 'make it happen' later we found a way to hang the whole lot from a cat's cradle of white cotton thread.

If I am honest, I wasn't entirely pleased with the piece as it was in the space. I can't pin point exactly what I would have changed, otherwise I'd have done something about it, but I felt like the work came across as slightly amateur. I think because the work itself is so simple, the installation has to really deliberate and exact and I struggle to give it a finished and deliberate appearance. I learnt a lot from the whole process though.


... and the private view was a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment