Thursday 3 March 2011

little break through

So, I can't actually upload any more photos onto my website. I'll need to do something about that. But for now, I'll put photos on here.




Been to the studio today. Ended up spending the time very differently from how I had anticipated spending it.

Last time I left the studio, I left the work in progress looking something like this:


When I got there, of course... *sigh*... of COURSE, it had all collapsed on itself and it looked like this:


You sort of have to laugh - because I knew it would happen and yet at the same time was devo-ed that it had happened. I think last time I was there arranging them all precariously I knew that the inevitale architectural failings were to become 'another day's problem' - and today was that day.


So the last few months of hard hard work have, so far, surmounted to THIS! this pile of messy muslin and PVA and varnish. raaaa.



Never fear, though. There is always something to be made of nothing...




Not far from the space I work in, there is a mannequin in a sleeping bag - a powerful visual reminder of just how fragile a commodity home is for some people.



Don't you think that these boxes, now that they collapose into themselves a little bit, mimic sleeping bags? Does that sounds like nonsense artist's waffle? - probably yes - but also can you not see what I mean? it's exactly like the crumbling properties of a sleeping bag (and in some cases a pillow) - maybe this is project is just starting to get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment