Monday 9 August 2010

Feeling a bit overwhelmed.

It's been quiet on here - because it's been quiet in my head too! It's nearly impossible for me to dip in and out of the creative process of my art practice and at the moment I'm 'out' and afraid to put a toe back 'in' until I have the best part of a week to think. Dangerous, perhaps - particularly since all the 'business' side doesn't draw to a simliar halt - so emails are still coming in and piling up.

I love art, but it intimidates me too.

I'm feeling totally overwhelmed at the moment. I'm sat in my beloved Zetland preparing to pack it all away. My first ever studio... it's nearly time to say goodbye. 'I walk away, it's hard to say goodbye'. I have no idea how to beginning moving out. I don't know what to do with it all. The nature of my practice is that nearly everything is precious because so much of my art is born out of mistakes. It's hard discard anything, incase it's the beginning of something.

I actually think moving out of Zetland is part of the creative development practice. It will invovle a series of decisions that will refine the art I produce - and maybe that is why it's a difficult thing to do. It's not just 'clearing out', it may infact be part of the production of my artwork which requires invested thought and time where each decision matters very much indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment